Frequently Asked Questions
What is Diggerz??
Diggerz is a 2D Battle Royale game where your goal is to be the last survivor! To do this, you can shoot other players of course, but also build and dig a defense! When you dig, you can uncover new weapons and tools.
Are you aware of this bug?
We play all the time and are probably aware, yes. But here are two:
- Some players occasionally walk the bottom of the screen.
- Some players stick for a second after they die.
Lag! What should I do?
So you're too laggy, and it's taking a long time between someone shooting or seeing a shot:
- Close any other open tabs.
- Pause or cancel any active downloads or streams. You can watch prank videos another time!
- Close any file-sharing applications
- Close apps that download in the background (Steam, etc.)
- Reboot your router
- If you're on WiFi, try a wired connection if you can
- Get a better computer! Your 1998 pentium isn't good enough!
My game isn't smooth, it's "laggy"?
- Try closing other apps, browsers, and tabs
- Try zooming in our out your browser. Zooming in lowers the resolution.
- If you're running multiple displays, try moving your browser window to another one
- Install the latest video drivers for your card. Here are some links for common brands:
- If your GPU is on Chrome's blacklist, it might be using a software renderer known as "SwiftShader", which is terribly slow. Enter chrome://flags in your address bar, search for "Override software rendering list", and enable it. CAUTION: The blacklist exists for a reason. This may make your system unstable. Make sure you save anything you're working on before trying this!
If you're running Chrome, try enabling Experimental Canvas Features:
- Enter chrome://flags in the address bar.
- Type "canvas" in the search box.
- Find "Experimental Canvas Features" and enable it
- Restart Chrome
This may make it better, or worse. Only one way to find out.
Why can't I move and shoot at the same time?
Some systems have palm-cancelling software enabled by default, which prevents simultaneous keyboard and trackpad/mouse input. Check your system settings for palm cancelling/rejection and turn down the sensitivity or disable it altogether.
Are you going to add more stuff?
We have so many weapons planned, but only so many hours in the day and so many projects to work on, but be patient and we'll see what we can do! Hats are easy to add, weapons are hard.
How do I enable WebGL?
That depends on your browser! Diggerz requires WebGL, so if you can play the game already, it's enabled, and you don't have to worry about this! Otherwise, follow the directions for your browser below. You should really get the latest firefox or chrome. It's better for everyone.
Step 1 - Enable hardware acceleration
Step 2 - Enable WebGL
chrome://settings in the bar up top
- Open the Advanced settings towards the bottom
- Have "Use hardware acceleration when available" enabled in the "System" section. You may need to restart chrome.
chrome://flags in the address bar
- In older versions, ensure that Disable WebGL is NOT checked. In newer versions, search for WebGL 2.0 and set it to "Enabled". Again, you'll have to restart Chrome once you've done so.
about:config in the address bar
- Search for webgl.disabled and make sure it's set to
You shouldn't have to restart.
- Select Safari->Preferences from the menu bar
- Go to the Advanced tab
- "Show Develop" should be checked
- Then go to the Develop menu, select "Experimental Features" and make sure that WebGL 2.0 is checked
It's already enabled, so make sure your graphics drivers are installed!
Good luck with that.
What are websockets?
Websockts are what let the browser talk to our servers. It should work in any of the following browsers:
This is purely a guess, but you'll get the idea:
- A mouse (or crummy touchpad) and keyboard. Mobile is coming soon.
- 2.0Ghz processor
- 4GB RAM
- A gpu that supports WebGL
- A good internet connection
- A WebGL and WebSocket-compatible browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Opera
Internet Explorer is not supported!